How to Participate in the Chilliwack School District International Student Program
If you choose to participate in the Chilliwack School District International Student Program, proceed through the following steps:
Step 1: Forms
Complete the comprehensive Application Form which includes:
1. a signed application for admission (Application Form)
2. a signed participation agreement (Participation Agreement)
3. information for homestay placement (Homestay Form)
Include with your application:
- a letter of reference from a principal or teacher, in English.
- school records for the current school year and the past two years (in English), detailing courses taken and marks achieved. These records are to be certified with a school stamp or seal.
- a doctor's letter indicating that there are no health problems that would prohibit school attendance and a copy of the students' Immunization records with proof of measles vaccination.
- a letter written by the student in English indicating his or her reasons for wanting to study in Canada, and areas of personal interest.
- a $300 non-refundable Application Fee.
- a $3000 Program Fees Deposit (refundable if student is not accepted) to be applied to the Program Fees of $14,500.
- the first month's Homestay Fee of $900.
- a signed Homestay Agreement.
First email your school records to Glen Tiechko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your acceptance is confirmed, email your complete application package to Glen Tiechko.
Note: All dollar figures are in Canadian dollars.
Step 2: Processing
Wait for a response from the Administrator of the International Student program. Please allow two to four weeks.
Step 3: Acceptance
If accepted, you will receive:
- a formal Letter of Acceptance and a notarized Responsible Person document. These documents are necessary as part of your application package for a study permit and are to be presented to the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
- At this time or very soon thereafter you will receive the name, address, and some other information regarding the Canadian homestay family with whom you have been matched. You and your family are invited to begin communication with your new Canadian family.
- Homestay Guidelines for students.
Step 4: Final Payment
The $11,500 balance of the Program Fees, $450 Homestay Placement Fee and $200 Custodianship Fee (if applicable), must be received by Chilliwack School District before June 15th if the student is to commence studying at the beginning of September. If the commencement date is other than September, the balance must be received no later than thirty (30) days in advance of arrival.
Step 5: Final Plans
Final plans are made for departure and arrival, and communication between the student, the homestay family, and Chilliwack School District regarding:
- Airport pick-up time.
- Appointment at your new school for orientation and course planning. Preparations for beginning a new school year in Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada.
- Any information or assistance required can be obtained immediately by contacting:
Mr. Glen Tiechko
Administrator, International Student Program
c/o Chilliwack School District
8430 Cessna Drive
Chilliwack, B.C., Canada